Thursday, November 4, 2010

Mint

I am clueless when it comes to cooking with spices, herbs, and other seasonings. I have always wanted to be a chef that just knew what flavors to add to make  the meal taste just right, so I am going to be experimenting with every single herb and spice until I understand each flavor.  I thought that I would start with an interesting herb that I have never cooked with .. . Mint. It is fresh and fun.  It always taste good in gum, but will it taste good in food.  I went to allrecipes.com.  You can sort the recipes by ingredients.  I typed in mint and I am going to try all the recipes that I think sound  appetizing.Here is what I have tried so far.

Fresh Mint and Cilantro Salad  This was really good!  The melon soaked up the mint and lime flavors.  It had a really fresh taste and the mint was not too overwhelming.

No comments: