Thursday, July 30, 2009

Key emergency


On Thursday I ran into a small emergency while leaving Bed Bath and Beyond. I put my key into the ignition and it got stuck. I couldn't get it out. I tried to remain calm, but the silly thing just wouldn't budge. I tried to jimmy it out, but then the key broke off. I was left with half a key in my hand at the other half in the ignition. I paniced and closed my eyes for a minute because when I do something really stupid I think that if I close my eyes and open them it might be a dream; however, when I woke up I was still in my car. I sat contemplating the situation I was in. I thought is there anyway to get out of this without calling David; however I soon realized this was impossible to solve by myself, so I sucked it up and called my husband. Anyway long story short. Luckily with the broken key we could still turn on the car so I drove the car to a lock smith in our ward. He got the key out and made us a new one. I definately have the best husband ever. He didn't complain once and he even had to cancel a meeting. I am now that crazy wife that does silly things and makes her husband cancel meetings and come rescue her.
Note: The broken key is next to the big key in the picture.

2 comments:

J and B Martin said...

Ok..that is scary! Lucky it turned and you could get the car to the lock smith. How does a key break anyway? We're excited to see you guys this week!

Laurie said...

Yikers! That is a good story...way to go Debbie for 'sucking it up' and calling her hubby for help. I know that can be hard! Glad to hear you got it all taken care of :)