Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Case of the Missing Tomato


David and I planted a tomato plant this year. The plant grew like crazy, but only produced one tomato. Although we hoped for more tomatoes, we excitedly watched the tomato grow and anticipated eating it on a sandwich or taco. Finally the tomato was ripe and ready for the picking. I contemplated if I should pick the tomato on Sunday, but I decided to wait one more day to let it become extra ripe. On Monday I went to pick the tomato and it was gone. Someone snatched it from our front porch. David and I were so upset. Not only had we watched the tomato grow for the last 6 weeks, but it was also an expensive tomato because I had to buy a new pot and soil. Disappointed over our tomato we morned its loss over a donut and slurpee.

Note: This picture is not our tomato. We were going to take a picture before we picked it, but then it was gone.

No comments: